One Tank Trips from Bayway CDJR
It’s summertime…which means it’s the perfect time to travel with your loved ones in your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or RAM. We’ve done our research, and have come to find there are many fun destinations that are a simple one tank away from the Houston area! Your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or RAM would love to take you on a journey you’ll never forget. All the following destinations are one tank away (or less) so what’s holding you back?!
- Lake Charles, Louisiana. Lake Charles is a brief 2 hours & 30 minutes from the greater Houston area. Read about it here.
- Festivals are almost always taking place; such as Mardi Gras, the Black Heritage Festival, Iowa Rabbit Festival, Louisiana Pirate Festival, and the Cajun Music and Food Festival. Just check the calendar and plan your trip!
- If whoever you’re traveling with is above the age of 21, you can game at one of four of Lake Charles’s finest casinos; L’Auberge Casino Resort, the Isle of Capri Casino and Hotel, Delta Downs Racetrack Casino and Hotel, or the brand new Golden Nugget.
- If you’re a lover of nature, be sure to check out the Creole Nature Trail where you can see birds, alligators, and all sorts of other Louisiana-native wildlife up close. There are also a handful of Gulf beaches available with excellent shelling and relaxation.
- Like to shop? There’s plenty of great shopping options in Lake Charles. The Charleston Cultural District and Cottage Shop District are just two examples of places you can find unique items from Southwest Louisiana. Many grocery stores there also carry authentic Louisiana spices and products you can rarely find outside of the state, so you can stock up!
Austin, Texas. A quick 2 hour, 20-minute drive from the Greater Houston area, the options are endless in the state capital. Read more here.
- Barton Springs Pool. Nestled in Zilker Park, Barton Springs Pool is a favorite locale among visitors and residents alike. Native American settlers once believed the springs possessed spiritual healing powers, and professional travel writers still refer to Barton Springs as the soul of Austin.
- Standing in the heart of central Austin in Texas’s legislative center, the State Capitol. Opened in 1888, this pink-granite landmark stands 14 feet taller than the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
- Sixth Street is just as fun during the day as it is at night. Today, Sixth Street between Congress Street and Interstate 35 (known as “Dirty Sixth” to locals) is the center of the musical action in Austin. This area buzzes with activity from shops, restaurants, bars, and live music joints such as Esther’s Follies, Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar, and the Alamo Draft House Cinema.
- Dallas, Texas. A little under a four-hour drive from the Greater Houston area, Dallas is sure to sweep you off your feet. Get your list of stops together here.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. For a fun day out in the fresh air, drop into Dallas’s breathtaking Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. The 66-acre gardens offer lots of interest to both young ones and adults. If you wish to bring your own food and drinks to save a few bucks, there are plenty of beautiful picnic areas available.
- American Airlines Center. This multipurpose arena is home to the Dallas Stars (NHL) and Dallas Mavericks (NBA) as well as being used for concerts and other live entertainment. There’s for sure something fun going on here almost every night, come check it out and see for yourself. Not to mention, there’s comfortable seating for 21,000 and plenty of snack bars selling food and drinks. A fun time is guaranteed for all!
- Reunion Tower. This is one of the best known Dallas landmarks, reaching the dizzying height of 561 feet, making it the 15th tallest building in the world. You can enjoy a 360 view of the city as the Tower’s platform revolves. There is also the legendary chef, Wolfgang Puck’s Five Sixty restaurant at the top of the tower if you’re more of a foodie!
We hope these destinations and tips will allow you to make the best of your one tank trip. Happy travels from your friends here at Bayway!