Dog-Friendly Destinations in Houston
No need to fear, you’ll no longer have to leave your furry friend at home after a long week at work. We’ve made a list of some dog-friendly places in Houston you can take your canine buddies. Having the wind in their fur out the window of your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or RAM will make their day!
- West Alabama Ice House. Dogs are generally welcomed on the patio of West Alabama Ice House. Enjoy a beer and an appetizer with your pup and friends and maybe meet some new ones too!
Good Dog Houston. Is it ironic that this place is called ‘Good Dog’ and also allows dogs? I think not. Come enjoy a yummy hot dog with YOUR favorite dog.
- Discovery Green. One of the greenest, luscious parks in Houston, your dog won’t stop thanking you for taking him there. Dogs are welcome to walk around the entire park, as long as they’re on a leash. There are also special dog runs providing places for your dog to roam off-leash. There are two separate dog runs; the Kinder Large Dog Run and the Harriet and Joe Foster Small Dog Run, that can accommodate dogs of all sizes.
- Cottonwood. With dozens of draft beers to choose from, you’ll be sure to find your fix and your dog is more than welcome to hang with you and your crew on the patio.
- Minute Maid Park. Minute Maid Park hosts a day for dogs and their owners each Astros Baseball season. This year, it falls on September 2nd. There’s even a Pooch Parade to kick off the game and dog sitters to watch your dog while you grab food in areas that aren’t included in the specified dog zone.
- Tiny Boxwoods. That’s right, you heard it here first. Dogs are welcomed at Tiny Boxwoods. Tiny Boxwoods is recognized for its brunch and lunch selection. How fun would it be to have your dog accompany you to your next fancy brunch?!
- Tila’s. You can enjoy some tasty Mexican food with your dog hanging out beside you! What better combo than your pooch and Tex Mex? We can’t think of anything.
- Graffiti Kitchen + Bar. Order a delicious burger with fries, and don’t worry about leaving Fido to his kibble. Dogs are welcomed on the patio here and generally love the relaxed atmosphere.
- Barnaby’s Café. Barnaby’s is named for the owner’s childhood sheepdog, so naturally, pets are welcome at all of Barnaby’s six locations. Chock full of amazing food, great vibes, and a casual atmosphere, dogs and their owners will love dining on a giant salad, juicy burger, or Huevos Rancheros. Your dog will even get her own water bowl!
Next time you decide to enjoy a day out in Houston, fear not – you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home! Your “best friend” will be more than welcome to tag along! For more local recommendations like this, check out our list of best movie theaters in and around Pasadena, TX!